Comment: This post is in partnership with Slickdeals. Opinions and tips are my own.
Have you noticed the ads? Retailers are starting what they call ‘Black Friday Deals’ early. Many have already started this week. In my post a few days ago, 5 Tips for Shopping Black Friday Deals at Best Buy I discussed the new shopping trends for 2020 as a result of COVID restrictions. Whether you are a state open or somewhat closed, it effects everyone and shopping habits will change.
Costco just started their ‘Black Friday’ series. Perhaps 2020 will ease up that crowd-busting shopping day with a trend of Black November! Maybe?!
Here are 5 Tips for Shopping the Costco 2020 Black Friday Deals
- This first tip is obvious. You need a membership. We have the Executive Membership because we shop enough there that with the benefit of earning cash back each purchase we make back at least enough to repay for our yearly membership fee each year. If you find you shop at least monthly and also do 1-2 large dollar purchases (this year was our Traeger and an Apple Watch) then the Executive should pay you back just fine for that yearly fee. The cheapest way to go is the Gold Star membership at $60 a year, (no cash back perk with this one) you get gas and store privileges. Look for online codes and offers that are typically available such as ‘Buy a new membership, get a gift card’, etc.
- Start finding deals today! Costco is rolling out new items in 5 sale phases this month. November 5-19 Online & Warehouse Savings, November 20-30 Online & Warehouse Savings, November 26 Online Savings and November 27-30 Online & Warehouse Savings.
- Above, I mentioned of my similar article a few days ago about Best Buy Black Friday tips. In that post I called out Best Buy as your go-to for TV deals this season and as for Costco I am calling them the go-to for Foodie/Kitchen gifts! Each sale offers fantastic food brand gift sets as well as great bakeware and appliance deals.
- Returns! Yes, the lines are insane if you insist on returning an item in typical ‘return days’. But, Costco has always been very generous on returns. Even your larger, seasonal items that are no longer on the floor are able to be returned. Even without your original receipt or box, they ca see your transaction history and find that purchase in seconds.
- Last but not least and this should perhaps be my first tip, but you do not need to take notes and carry ads. Slickdeals is my go-to for getting to the best, current deals for Costco!
Slickdeals does a great job organizing current deals by useful categories. What do I have my eyes on at Costco? On Nov 5, a set of stainless steel mixing bowls go on sale that I want. Also, I want a larger crock pot and the 7-Quart Crockpot goes on sale that same day for $29.99 (that’s a $10 savings)! I have always dreamed of becoming a multi-crockpot home as a foodie, lol.
Keep organized with all sales and deals this season at Slickdeals and also set up deal alerts for your favorite stores, categories, or products so you get emailed as something you have your eye on goes on sale. Also, if you are wondering if the current deal is truly great then look at the deal score where other users and you can rate based on if you have seen that item on sale in the past for more or less. Start saving, get that Costco membership you know you want and happy 2020 shopping!