This is a sponsored post with Foster Farms. Any opinions are my own
This year I am hosting my first Thanksgiving for the family. There will be 17 adults and kids to serve and I have never cooked a Turkey before! I have been reading recipes and looking for articles to find me the help I need to be organized, cook safely and try to enjoy the evening by being as prepared as I can. I have been very open to help and advice such as the advice DORI™ from Foster Farms has for me!
Foster Farms DORI™ is an interactive QR code seen on all packages of Foster Farms fresh turkey and chicken. If you see DORI™ while in-store or at home on your chicken package simply open your phone camera and scan over the QR code to meet her! Now you are in! You get access to coupons, tips, hacks and education! There are hundreds of recipes such as 60 Thanksgiving recipes.
Here are some features that will help with Thanksgiving:
- Time-tested turkey tips and digital cookbook – Perfect roasting times, brining, carving techniques and more along with 50 delicious Thanksgiving recipes – from the big bird to sides and desserts, including: Apple, Fig & Brussels Sprouts Salad; Garlic Mashed Cauliflower; Apple Brandy- and Sage-Glazed Turkey; and even a Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake.
- Thanksgiving hacks – No roasting pan? No problem. Turn any pan into a roasting pan by sitting your gobbler on a bed of onions, potatoes and carrots or placing it on a ring formed out of aluminum foil. Elevating your turkey allows the heat to circulate more evenly. Hungry for more? Try adding baking powder to mashed potatoes to make them extra fluffy.
- A Poultrypedia – A spin-the-wheel dictionary demystifies the terms on your turkey label. Learn what “cage-free,” “free range” and “organic” really mean.
- Giving Back – For the past decade Foster Farms has provided more than 600,000 holiday meals to families in need. DORI will connect consumers who want to join Foster Farms in fighting hunger to food banks in California, Oregon and Washington.
The Helpline from heaven
“We know consumers always want their Thanksgiving to be the best ever, and DORI delivers the information in-store or at home that can help,” said Ira Brill, director of communications for Foster Farms. “And, if you’re a Thanksgiving rookie and run into a jam cooking your turkey, just give a quick call to the DORI holiday helpline.”
On weekdays from November 1 through December 24, DORI’s Thanksgiving Turkey Helpline experts will be on call for turkey advice. Reach them at 1-833-TALKTKY (1-833-825-5859). Helpline hours will be:
- 11/1-11/9 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST
- 11/12-11/22 – 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST (including Thanksgiving Day)
- 11/23-12/24 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST
What do you think? Is this going to be a blessing or do you already consider yourself a Queen (or King) of the Thanksgiving kitchen?