I have partnered with Explore Cuisine. Recipe is my own
Being on a low carb diet makes it hard to get creative. We have cut rices, most pasta and breads. Only poultry and lean pork and lots of fresh veggies and fruits. I can stare at a chicken breast a thousand hours some nights and am just flat out of creativity. Then one day you realize you have some peas, chicken and Explore Cuisine in the kitchen and crave pasta, but because we aren’t eating the sauces you just get creative anyway. Here is my Low Carb Chicken Pea Penne and it was a hit!
The only pasta we keep in our cupboard is Explore Cuisine because it is made with real veggies and lentils like edamame chickpea and green lentils. These are loaded with plant-based protein, are USDA Organic and Gluten free. They taste incredible. The closest store to me that carries Explore Cuisine is an Albertsons 30 minutes away and I will head there to stock up. I have approved this pasta for a once a week meal on our diet.
Everything is cooked separately then it all comes together with some herbs, parmesan and olive oil in the end.
Low Carb Chicken Pea Penne
- 2 large Chicken Breast-cooked and cubed
- 1 cup peas cooked
- 1 package Lentil Penne Pasta I used Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 4 tbsp Butter melted I browned my butter
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- Cook chicken breast in Olive Oil with salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to directions
- Melt or brown the butter. If you brown the butter make sure to strain out the burnt bits
- Cook the peas
- In the end add all to the pan with desired amount of your butter
- Add basil and S&P to taste
- Heat through
- Top with parmesan