Food, Healthy Living, Money Saver, Tips and Tricks

The Benefits of Making Breakfast Your Morning Routine #NewBreakfastRoutine

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewBreakfastRoutine #CollectiveBias

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”
“Start Your Day with Breakfast”
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast”
OK, you get it and you’ve heard it over and over again! Eat your breakfast! But then morning comes, you are tired, don’t really feel like eating, the family wakes up and all personal time just went out the window. Lunchtime isn’t too far off so you wait! Hey, at least you skipped some extra calories today. If you do one thing for yourself in this very moment, listen to some truths about why your morning routine needs to change to include healthy breakfast habits starting tomorrow!

Why breakfast is important
Let me guess, you want more energy, some weight control and improved performance throughout the day. Am I right? Guess how you can get that? Breakfast! The key is a healthy breakfast (sorry if sneaking a bowl of Fruit Loops after the kids leave for school is your guilty pleasure). Eating a healthy breakfast as part of your morning routine leaves you with the vitamins, nutrients and minerals to start your body off right for the rest of the day. Even the kids function better in class and on the playground in major studies when they start the day with a healthy breakfast. 
Breakfast and weight control go hand in hand. If you eat a breakfast with the right amount of protein and/or whole grains as opposed to fats and sugars, you set your metabolism up so you feel fuller longer. This will more likely cause you  to make better food choices throughout the day. We all have seen results from those on smaller, frequent meal regimens as opposed to overeating at certain times of the day. You can train your metabolism to work for you or against you. Breakfast is a way to get it working for you! 
Always be prepared

The next time you are out shopping, make sure you get all you need to be prepared and have the healthier options on hand for your morning breakfast routine. I love shopping my local Target as it has all I need in one place. I can pick up breakfast foods and beverages and even my favorite tableware and magazines so my breakfast time is as personal to me as possible. Stocking up on eggs that you can hard boil and keep, fruits, yogurts and juices is a great way to be breakfast prepared. Target even has breakfast options if you have to skip ‘me time’ and eat that breakfast on-the-go.

A quick breakfast option

BelVita Bites: You can find these at most Target stores and they are great to take on-the-go. They come in chocolate or mixed berry flavors. Look in the photo above-you can actually see the little berries in each bite! Each bag of bites gets you slow-released carbs for a sustained fullness that lasts up to 4 hours and those carbs come from whole grains. 
V8 Veggie Blends: Don’t have time to peel carrots? Grab a glass of V8 Veggie Blends. You can also find these at most Target stores and are a great way to get those vitamins and nutrients in you quickly. The juice drinks come in 4 varieties: Carrot Mango, Purple Power (purple carrots, beets & apples), Golden Goodness (yellow carrots, sweet potatoes, orange carrots and orange) and Healthy Greens (spinach, yellow carrots, apples and pineapple). You get one whole serving of vegetables in each glass plus a touch of fruit. You also get antioxidant vitamins A, C and E and 75% pure fruits and veggies with water making up the other 25%. What you don’t get is artificial colors, flavors or preservatives as well as no added sugars in under 60 calories!
These options can bring you some amazing morning wins! You feel full, snack less and have some nutrients your body craves. Probably the best morning win after sneaking some BelVita bites and a glass of V8 Veggie Blends is that no matter how hard they tried, those kids did not get the best of my morning routine. Success just happened!
So you’re Mom was right all those years! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and being too busy or waking up late is no excuse. Make a new breakfast morning routine and keep BelVita bites and V8 Veggie Blends on hand so you are always covered!
Do you use the Target Cartwheel app? If not, download it now because you can add a 10% savings for your BelVita products through January 31! V8 will have a Cartwheel promo live on 2/23. 
Are you a breakfast eater? If not, will you start?
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments