Goya teamed up to be a part of this recipe creation of ours
I recently got an Instant Pot and have been getting creative while learning how to use it. With my husband and I eating low carbs we are eating from only real and whole foods. This can easily be served over rice, we are just cutting starches so I served as a salad for us and with corn tortillas for our son.
Goya asked to team up with Parenting Healthy to create a Cinco de Mayo meal recipe and this is my creation using their Better For You line of foods. I used their spices, beans, tortillas and even Goya Olive Oil.
If you are at the store collecting ingredients for your Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday meal I will mention that Goya is a Hispanic-owned company in the US. Their products are authentic and made with quality. What I love is that Goya supports over 250 non-profit organizations that promote and sustain community wellness and the advancement of the Hispanic culture. The company has also donated millions of pounds of food to victims of various disasters worldwide.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up and the new found love of an Instant Pot this meal allows you to finally play with spice, poultry, sauce and beans in a pot using the saute, pressure cook and simmer functions for 1 meal.
Instant Pot Chicken and Black Bean Gravy Recipe
This is a great Cinco de Mayo Meal or an easy Instant Pot chicken dinner.
- Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 C Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Adobo Light All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 piece Dehydrated Goya® Chile Mulato (only if you like it spicy)
- 1C Chicken Broth
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 Can of Goya® Low Sodium Black Beans
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- 4.5 tsp Water
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add Olive Oil
- Saute Onion, Garlic, Green Pepper then remove and set aside
- Season Chicken Breast on all sides with the cumin, oregano, seasoning, chili powder, saute
- Once chicken is browned, add the onion mixture back in, parsley and the Chile Mulato on top
- Pour in broth and water
- Set Pressure to High for 8 minutes, release pressure for 5 minutes
- Remove chicken and slice, discard the chile mulano
- Set Instant Pot to simmer
- Remove all but 1.5 C of the juices from Instant Pot
- Mix water and cornstarch until blended and add to the juices in pot-bring to a boil stirring constantly
- Add Black Beans and heat through. Add S&P if needed to taste
- Spoon over chicken.
- Can serve with lettuce or Goya® Corn Tortillas
Recipe created and owned by Author
Love this recipe? See my Loaded Chicken Fiesta Bake recipe.