This is a promotional post for GoodnessKnows
If you are athletic or enjoy a good workout you know the importance of proper nutrition and how it plays a role in a more effective workout for ourselves. With the right amount of protein, wholesome ingredients and plenty of water, our bodies will reward us with maximum potential as we workout. GoodnessKnows are snack squares made with the perfect bite size to snack as we work. They are readily available at popular grocery stores and online for easy purchase. With ingredients meant for you to rock your workout, GoodnessKnows snack squares belong in the gym bag!
My son also loves these. As he heads back to school, I need to know he is fed properly so make his lunches. He is in first grade this year and on day 1 I let hi buy lunch because then he’d be a part of the crowd shown how to use the cafeteria for times I may let him buy. He came home exhausted and starved. He had eaten a corn dog and banana for lunch. That is not enough food for a 6 year old who has 3 recesses and on a PE day to boot! I will be providing him much more and with products like GoodnessKnows, he can have a recess snack so fulfilling that by including lunch a few hours later, he will function at his best. The nutty apple is his favorite. My husband snacks on the Very Cranberry in the afternoon. I like the cranberry and peachy cherry best! These are so delicious and I love the dark chocolate taste and it is the perfect balance of fruit and almonds.
GoodnessKnows is all you need for a nutritious lunch and a healthy diet. Their website has many tips for you, including these below. How should you eat before and after exercise?
Registered Dietitian, Suzanne Farrell
· Carbohydrates are the body’s preferred source of fuel, especially right before exercise, to help give the necessary energy for a great work out. Combine with some protein for a perfectly balance pre-exercise snack. Excellent examples include whole grain toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas, whole grain cereal with low fat milk, topped with berries or grab a goodnessknows snack squares with an apple.
· Protein, along with some carbohydrate, is key to eat after workouts. Protein helps with muscle growth and repair after work outs. Great examples of protein rich foods include yogurt, kefir, low fat cheese, nuts, eggs and hummus. Pair it with antioxidant rich and hydrating fruit such as, berries, apples and watermelon, or whole grains such as oatmeal or whole wheat crackers.
· Eat cherries! The anthocyanins found naturally in cherries can help to decrease muscle soreness and inflammation after working out. Cherries are available fresh, dried or in juice. Mix in some dried cherries with whole grain cereal and almonds for a post exercise snack; or try goodnesssknows peachy cherry snack squares as a great pre or post exercise snack.
· What’s the perfect beverage to drink during and after moderate exercise? Water! It’s 100% calorie free and it’s not only necessary for hydration but it also regulates body temperature. Don’t forget to drink extra when working out on those hot and humid days. Add some flavor by squeezing in some lemon juice.
· When should you eat something after working out? Research shows earlier is better, within 30 minutes. So don’t forget to pack a snack like a goodnessknows snack squares. It has the perfect blend of dried fruit, whole almonds and oats.
About GoodnessKnows Snack Sqaures
- Made from wholesome ingredients-whole almonds, toasted oats & tangy fruit
- 150 calories per 4-square serving
- 2-3 grams of fiber per 4-square serving
- 3 grams of protein per 4-square serving
- Cocoa beans (dark chocolate) retains its cocoa flavanols
- 3 flavors: Very Cranberry, Nutty Apple and Peachy Cherry
One lucky reader will win a gift pack that includes: a branded backpack, towel, and water bottle + a box of goodnessknows® snack squares, and coupon for $1.00 off a box of goodnessknows® snack squares. ARV of prize pack = $50. Open to US. Ends 10/3
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Parenting Healthy was provided samples. All opinions are 100% my own.