June 3, 2015
National Running Day
National Running Day is June 3, 2015 and to honor such a day, Grape-Nuts wants to share some fitness tips with you!
Grape Nuts Fitness Tips
- Whether you’re a light runner or a tri-athlete, it’s important to mix up your workouts. Cross training, weight training, yoga and Pilates are great ways to add variety, work different muscles, and will make you stronger overall.
- Don’t forget to refuel. After a long run, your muscles fibers begin to breakdown. In order to repair them properly, they need to be replenished. Grape–Nuts Fit offers a healthy combination of carbs, fiber and protein to give your muscles the nutrients they need to recharge.
- After your run, always remember to stretch your muscles, especially your quads, hamstrings, hip flexors and calves, to prevent injury and increase flexibility.
- Be sure to stay hydrated. Water helps balance fluids and prevents feelings of hunger between meals. Carrying a reusable bottle makes it easy to refill often, aiming for 3 liters a day.
- Getting the proper amount of sleep is just as important as exercise and eating healthy. To allow for extra sleep time, plan ahead by meal prepping for the next day and putting out your workout gear the night before.
About Grape-Nuts Fit
Grape-Nuts Fit is packed full of nutrition and fuel so you can power through your day. It contains crunchy nuggets, granola, cranberries, puffed barley and natural vanilla flavor at 9g of protein, 4g of Fiber and 30g of whole grain. It is non-GMO. Add this to yogurts, baking recipes or even right out of the bag! When I have a sweet craving at night, I pour a bit into a small bowl and snack on it plain.
Grab a handful or bowl of Grape-Nuts Fit, put on those running shoes and take a jog as we honor National Running Day! I saw the Garpe-Nuts Fit at my local Rite Aid!
Learn more: Grape-Nuts Fit