Disclosure: This is a blog about how to make money blogging, and where we recommend affiliate programs for bloggers. As such, this post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
I am resorting to the fact that this weekend I will need to mow my lawn for the first time in 2020. The weather has been fairly mild for us in February in the Pacific Northwest and now it is time for outdoor chores such as the yard and car detailing and maintenance. Our go-to brand for our car detailing inside and out is Meguiar’s.
I even steal my husbands Meguiar’s stash for cleaning inside my home. I love the Meguiar’s Ultimate Leather Detailer for my couches. With 3 dogs that go inside and outside I am always wiping our leather couch down from dirt paw prints. It’s important I can get them clean quick and with a product safe for our couch and help the health of the leather through its use. For quick jobs and minor spills, we love how handy the Quick Interior Detailer Cleaning Wipes are. I just keep a container in my car for kid spills and feet marks or Mom coffee spills and splatters.
My husband will tell you that the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer is one of his favorite Meguiar’s products. We take a lot of pride in our cars. My husband works and our oldest work in the auto industry. Taking care of cars are in these boys DNA.
The Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax leaves such a fantastic shine on our cars and really helps protect the paint between washes. This is great for that quick protection especially on the new car paint.
Our Car Wash Tip for the warm months
- When washing your car, remember to wash from top to bottom of the car. This way you are not dripping dirty water below onto clean sections. Do the tires last with a separate sponge, rag. You don’t want road sediment being rubbed into your car paint. A brush works best for tires anyway.
- We highly recommend a car wash bucket with strainer so dirt and sediment stay out of water when you rinse your sponge throughout the wash process
- When the sun is out or on warm days wash 1/4 panel at a time so you can get soap rinsed off quickly before it dries onto your car paint.
- If you have hard water, keep your car wet the whole time until ready to dry all at once
- Our absolute favorite Meguiar’s product? The Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (G190532SP)! It is fantastic and our cars stay cleaner longer when we have used this product after washing. Make sure you follow the directions on the bottle exactly for best results. We do and love it!
Meguiar’s is top-rated when it comes to car care. Find your favorite Meguiar’s products for the car (or even your home) at Meguiars.com