This is a promotional post. Opinions are my own.
I have never been a creative cook and it is because I am not good at blending foods and knowing what goes well together. Then Pinterest came and I love to find odd dishes and give them a try. Some have been hits in the house and others a fail. But last night I went out of my comfort zone and redid a tofu recipe I found and changed it up a bit, spooned it into a wrap and my husband and son loved it! I was sent a Honey Bunches of Oats cereal package and I also get to give one away! The assignment-create a recipe! Sure I could have crushed the flakes and rolled chicken around for tenders like most would think to do with cereal or use it as a dessert topping, but I had a conversation that day with a friend about thai food and it was stuck in my brain. I love thai food and I wondered if I could create a recipe using Honey Bunches of Oats and it worked!
Thai Peanut Wraps
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic or 2 cloves
- 2C Honey Bunches of Oats (remove the larger clusters)
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 3/4C canned bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C chopped green onion
- 1 package of cooked chicken or tofu
- Sautee garlic in a large pan or wok for 30 seconds in hot oil. Add cereal and stir about 2 minutes until coated and cooked a bit. Remove all from pan and set aside
- Add white onion, sprouts and peanuts to the hot pan and stir for 2 minutes
- Add chili powder, sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce and stir another 1-2 minutes until well mixed
- Add chicken/tofu, green onions and the cereal mixture and stir well about a minute. I add an additional tsp of oil to help all ingredients mix well.
- I made white rice to add in wrap with the mixture and topped with extra peanuts from the jar
I used the Honey Roasted Honey Bunches of Oats, but they come in a variety of flavors. My son’s favorite is the Apples & Cinnamon Honey Bunches of Oats. When I can find the pecan, those are my favorite as cereal in the morning. We love this cereal and I always have a box in my pantry. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Honey Bunches of Oats offers you the morning fuel your body needs. Now your cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore! Visit http://www.postfoods.com/our-brands/honey-bunches-of-oats/
1 lucky reader will win a Honey Bunches of Oats package! Enter below. Open to US and ends on 8/7. Good luck!
Find at Walmart & other retailers near you