I have partnered with Arm & Hammer PetFresh for feature
This year I am hosting my very first Holiday for my husband’s family. We bought a home in August and I now have the space to entertain unlike I have ever had. My SIL hosted Thanksgiving and so I agreed to do Christmas Eve. I work at the local middle school so I am on holiday break and have all week to get my home ready.
Along with buying a new home a few months back we also got a new puppy. Maya is our Whoodle and is hypoallergenic. No shedding and it is so nice because I never sweep dog hair or have it on the couches (unless my oldest Bonus son brings his black lab over). Having a hypoallergenic dog does not mean there is no dog messes on the carpets and chairs. She drags in mud and dirt from outside constantly.
I have been learning some tips on making sure we enjoy our new puppy but don’t have a home that smells or looks like dog is tracking debris through all that is new and clean in our home.
Are You Cleaning Your Carpets Properly In a House of Pets?
- Keep fur trimmed Keeping the paw, belly and chin hair trimmed on long-haired dogs and cats will minimize the mud and debris they drag in
- Keep large mats by the doors Keeping a doormat both inside and outside sliders and doors your pet uses will help get rid of paw debris before they enter further into your home
- Change Vacuum Bags Don’t wait until the bag is full or overloaded to change. I would change bags every 1-2 months for best performance
- Change Filters every 3-6 months. Don’t forget to mark a calendar when your change is due or you begin to get the odors as ell as decreased function of your vacuum
- Bags matter! The bags you choose matter because many will actually assist in the function of your vacuum and provide odor elimination
The bags I have in my vacuum are the Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Odor Eliminating Vacuum Bags. They not only help to keep my vacuum running at optimal performance but offer 2 times extra odor fighting power for real freshness. Many bags just cover up the odors. They even come with scent packets to use so you can enjoy the aroma in your home as you vacuum those pet smells away.
Your home smells fresher and because the Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Dry Carpet Cleaner eliminates pet odors and breaks down stains.
Where do you find this line? You can head to Walmart and shop Walmart .com as well as other retailers. They are easy to find for all vacuum models.
Make sure your guests enjoy the aromas of your dinner cooking or the pine of your holiday tree and wreaths, not your pet!