August 19th is Hot & Spicy day! Are you a heat-seeker when it comes to food? I can tolerate spice, but not heat sauces! I have a 7 year old who doesn’t complain at all about heat in his food! Tandoor Chef is a favorite of mine for healthy, nourishing quick meals and we are celebrating with them this year!
This Hot and Spicy Food Day, hot means healthy! On August 19th, give your taste buds a kick and your body a boost! Here are 5 reasons you shouldn’t skimp on the heat with Tandoor Chef:
1. Weight Loss: Studies show that the main compound in chilies, called capsaicin, has a thermogenic effect and may cause the body to burn more calories and boost metabolism.
Heat up! Lamb Vindaloo.
2. Heart Health: Studies show that cultures that eat the spiciest foods have much lower incidence of heart attack and stroke. It could be because chili peppers help to reduce the damaging effects of bad cholesterol while capsaicin helps to fight inflammation.
Heat up! Vegetable Pad Thai.
3. Cancer Prevention: Some studies suggest that capsaicin has the ability to kill some cancer and leukemic cells. Another spice, turmeric, may slow the spread of cancer and growth of tumors.
Heat up! Balanced Vegetarian Palak Paneer.
4. Lower Blood Pressure: Vitamins A and C strengthen the heart muscle walls, and spicy heat can increase blood flow throughout your body.
Heat up! Balanced Vegetarian Kofta Curry.
5. Boost Your Mood: Spicy foods boost production of feel-good hormones, such as serotonin, easing depression and stress.
Heat up! Malai Kofta.