This post is brought to you by our sponsor, “Always Eat After 7 PM”. The opinions expressed below are my own.
What a better time then now and away from everyday work and commute stress to start a new weight loss journey! We are home for at least a few more weeks and summer is coming. Soon we will get back to socializing and traveling and how amazing would it be to come out of this event healthier and lighter? Let’s amaze our friends and family and 1 book will help you in many way to start and maintain that journey. It is called, Always Eat After 7 PM: The Revolutionary Rule-Breaking Diet That Lets You Enjoy Huge Dinners, Desserts, and Indulgent Snacks—While Burning Fat Overnight by Joel Marion .
Why I chose this book for my weight loss journey?
Always Eat After 7PM won’t just tell you meal plans and where to start. This book covers several chapters of the science behind WHY this regimen that he suggests works so you go in with all of the education you need to feel motivated to start your weight loss journey and also motivated to stay with it. He even discuses your mind set before starting the first phase.
Then after the science and mind set tips, you get the plan broken down in phases including sample menus, recipe mentions and calorie and macro counts so you can set your carb apps up. Phase 1 is a low carb, high protein fat burning mode that lasts 14 days. For only 14 days you have to stay within strict parameters and that’s motivating to me. It’s like there actually is some light and some end to a tunnel. Short goals are the best steps to take.
Phase 2 allows ‘some’ carbs- Yipee and some alcohol! You also can add a cheat meal or day once a week and there is a science to why I the beginning chapters. Once you hit your goal weight (typically 2-4 weeks at phase 2) you move to the maintenance Phase 3 you will keep. By now you know how to eat, know how to read nutrients and make alternative choices through this weight loss journey. You get cheat meals and with all phases you even have dessert!
The book ends with many recipes with notes so you can portion control and know if that recipe qualifies for a given phase. You won’t be left hanging or wondering “now what” or “what about this week/day”?
What Stands Out Most About This Book (for me)?
- I love chocolate and I can have certain chocolate even on day 1 and EVEN right before bed.
- You have to skip breakfast or Intermittent Fast and that is how I already eat. I am not a big breakfast eater.
- I can have a cheat meal or an entire cheat day (if I exercise more) and I am a believer in having a cheat a week. Have you been in other diet groups and seen the sharks come after you with huge virtual jaws because you suggest a cheat meal? Come on, I am human and want some extra cheese and a burger sometimes. I still want to live!
- Motivation is highest when you understand a simple science. I love how simple he explains it all in the first few chapters. I learned a lot and you will too!
- Joel Marion’s Always Eat After 7PM program makes dieting easy and eliminates 90% of reasons for resistance.
- I have tried another popular low-carb diet plan (I maintained my weight, but never really lost much on it). I needed a similar, yet different regimen that told me it was OK to break up the diet and allow some pleasure. Now I know what’s really OK and why!
Always Eat After 7 PM: The Revolutionary Rule-Breaking Diet That Lets You Enjoy Huge Dinners, Desserts, and Indulgent Snacks—While Burning Fat Overnight by Joel Marion is now available to purchase. Bestselling author, Joel Marion, is a fitness expert and nutritionist debunking the myths underlying traditional dieting and offers a simple, highly effective weight loss program. Learn more about the book and how to purchase here.