I am a Mom to 3 boys. My older step-sons are 22 and 16 and our son is 6. The oldest played tennis a bit, the teenager played years of soccer and baseball and my 6 year old started baseball last spring and starts basketball this fall. How many sports injuries have we dealt with? None! I’m serious! I was just as athletic when I was younger as I ice skated for 6 years and played softball and a bit of track. No real injuries or broken bones myself all of those years either! Just a bit of cartilage damage in my knees today. This is not always the norm for most families and I feel my safe-streak with these boys can end at anytime. It takes one wrong move, fall or twist of a foot to end a sport season. It takes one wrong step or crash to suddenly find your child in a hospital, surgery needed and the budget hit hard with medical expenses! The moment you sign that sports registration paper, you are signing up for the possibility of medical expenses hitting suddenly! Luckily, there is AFLAC. They know this risk to you and want to share some eye-opening facts about the cost of sports injuries!
Some tips for sports safety include
- 66% of workers are unable to afford the sudden costs of injuries and illness
- For a broken leg, costs average about $10,000 without insurance and that’s just 1 limb!
- Most primary insurance plans will not fully cover the medical bills of injuries or illness
- 1 in 10 kids will suffer sports injuries of some sort in a year-the odds aren’t great in your favor!
- AFLAC is a supplemental insurance-you carry a primary insurance that does not full cover all expenses
- The supplemental insurance of AFLAC helps those residual out-of-pocket costs
- Some covered ailments are: broken teeth, concussion, Ambulance/Medical Air transport, ER Visits and Lacerations to name a few
- Cash benefits to help cover gas, food, lodging, child care and other out-of-pocket costs necessary for treatment of injury or illness
- Two tickets to the biggest college football game of the weekend.
- Meet & greet with Desmond Howard
- Round trip airfare.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Ground transportation to and from events.
- $500 prepaid debit card for food and other expenses.
Entry Form & Official Rules URL: http://clvr.li/1xiJoTo
- CONSUMER NOTICE: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.Open to legal permanent residents of 50 U.S. states and DC, 21 or older, who have Internet access and valid email address prior to 08/28/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, click here: https://www.facebook.com/aflacduck/app_143103275748075. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. For a winner’s list (after 11/10/14), visit the Ultimate College Football Experience tab of this page or mail request to Aflac “Ultimate College Football Experience” (Specify Winner List), Media Relations, 1932 Wynnton Road, Columbus, GA 31999. Sponsor: American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.