The summer fun is nearing its end and may I say that my car shows it! Soccer season just began so soon I will add rainy field cleats into my car and that summer sand and road trip trash will soon give way to mud and sports field debris. Being the car geeks we are and as often as we are maintaining and cleaning our cars we are true Meguiar’s Car Care fans.
We have been Meguiar’s car care users for many years. My husband works in Auto retail at the corporate level and he is always stocking our garage shelves with car care products. If you look above it shows the many products of theirs we actually buy and use.
Let’s get to some summer car cleaning tips! Meguiar’s has some “Quick Summer Cleaning Tips for Busy Parents” in order to keep the focus on the fun and not the hassle:
- Clean & protect your interior: Backseat food and drink spills are prone to happen during your summer road trips! For quick clean ups on surfaces like rubber, vinyl and plastics, you can use a product like Meguiar’s ® Ultimate Interior Detailer to quickly clean and offer protection. Meguiar’s ® Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner with carpet scrubber top is the perfect go-to for immediately removing stains that may have affected floor mats, fabric seats, and other carpeted surfaces.
- Maintain streak-free visibility: The cutest members of your family may think it’s funny to leave fingerprints or smash their faces against the car window, leaving evident smudges on the glass. By simply spraying your window with a quality glass cleaner, like Meguiar’s ® Perfect Clarity™ Glass Cleaner Aerosol and wiping with a premium microfiber towel, the blemishes will vanish in no time and your little ones can go back to being cute as ever.
- Crumbs…crumbs everywhere: No road trip is complete without the kids’ favorite snacks. But with these munchies come the inevitable crumbs and bits of food in the most hard-to-reach crevices. Meguiar’s recommends vacuuming all cloth surfaces regularly to get rid of the leftover snacks and have your interior looking just like new. Remember, frequent car care is easy car care.
- When there’s no time for a car wash: Road trips can leave your car looking dirty and your paint could be at risk, but your kids in the back seat may not have patience for a full car wash!Meguiar’s ® Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax can quickly and easily remove debris from your paint before it becomes a more serious issue. This handy product is easy to use: simply mist and gently wipe away with a clean microfiber towel to remove road grime, while also adding protection while on the road.
- Neutralize odor: Kiddos who have been playing outside or are still in diapers may leave behind not too pleasant odors that linger inside cars for long periods of time. This is where Meguiar’s® Whole Car Air Re-Freshers come in handy! The odor-eliminating technology permanently* rids the affected area of the odors and leaves behind a desirable scent of either Black Chrome, Sparkling Berry, Spiced Wood, Spring Blossom, Citrus Grove, Summer Breeze or New Car.
Here are some favorites below. I can honestly say that the Meguiar’s Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner is so easy to use! It literally wipes my dog’s window drool clean so quick and easy and I love that it leaves zero streaking! I clean my windows with a white cloth and it is so quick without having to go over it again and again.
As much as I love using their glass cleaner, my absolute favorite Meguiar’s product right now is their Whole Car Air Re-Fresher. This is not a standard air freshener, it is a process. I detail my entire interior and then use this last. You simply close all windows, start your car and turn the air to recycle (inside cycle) and turn to cool and the fan on high. Then you activate the bottle and I place mine on the floor in front of that back seats center of car, then shut all doors. Let your car’s A/C fan run as the bottle empties which takes 15 minutes. Open your car door, turn off your car and leave some doors open at least 15 minutes. I cannot stress how fresh with a very pleasant scent you are left with as this freshener cycled with your vent and even cleaned deep enough to eliminate the bacteria that flows from your vents that collects. My husband hates car air fresheners, but uses this! You will fall in love with this product!
My husband will tell you that the Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (here, not pictured above) has been his favorite lately. It makes our cars (we have all white) look amazing after using! You can actually wax your paint as you rinse off your car! After washing & rinsing off the soap, simply spray on Maguire’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax and then follow that with a second rinse with a strong stream of water. This final rinse helps to spread and lay down the wax evenly. Dry your vehicle like you would normally. No rubbing, buffing or curing needed!
Find Meguiar’s products at most auto and National retailers or Amazon.