With my husband and I eating healthier and cleaner it has actually been a challenge to get creative with the few foods we choose to make meals with. We are not eating rices, pasta, breads or cheese. The only grain we allow ourselves is a slice of ezekiel bread in the morning or whole grain bars. This Best Healthy Ground Turkey Lettuce Wrap recipe is easy to make and very healthy.
The best part about this recipe is the flavor of the meat and the versatility of the recipe. You can easily substitute your own spices for mine. You can also choose your own toppings. In this recipe we top our wraps with diced tomatoes and raw almonds we crush. The crunch of the romaine and the almonds is fantastic.
This is so quick and healthy. The beauty of this recipe is that you can replace any of my spices for your own and top it with your own toppings. This is a great way to use up your veggies in the fridge.
- 1lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 C Onion chopped
- 1/2 C Green Pepper chopped
- 1/4 C -1/2 C Italian Dressing (or I use a garlic Avocado dressing)
- Romaine Leafs (about 8)
- 1/4 C Chopped tomatoes (to top the wraps)
- 1/4 C Chopped Raw Almonds
- Scramble the eggs and set aside
- Cook the turkey while adding all the spices, onion and green pepper until turkey is done
- Add some of the dressing to taste and the scrambled eggs; heat through
- Wash and lay Romaine Leafs on a Plate (2 leafs per serving)
- Spoon ground turkey mixture onto each leaf and top with tomato and almonds
Only about 358 calories, 4 carbs and 1.5 gram of sugar a serving
This post is in no way sponsored by Wishbone but I use this in many recipes including this one because we are in love with this product. It is the Wishbone Avocado Oil- Roasted Garlic.
See all of the recipes at Parenting Healthy HERE.