This is a sponsored pot on behalf of Platefull CoOp for Pillsbury
The Pillsbury 2014 #BakeOff has begun!
Your talents in the kitchen and recipe ideas that include popular Pillsbury products can earn you $1 million! It is the 47th annual Pillsbury Bake Off! You can enter those recipes at BakeOff.com
now through May 8, 2014! 100 recipes will then be chosen to move on in the competition! Where is the competition? It is at the Omni Nashville Hotel on November 3. 2014!
I decided to give one of the past recipes a try and spotted the Bacon Egg Breakfast Bites from the 2012 collection of #BakeOff recipes. My boys loved them!
Bacon Egg Breakfast Bites
- slices precooked bacon (from 2.1-oz package)
- can Pillsbury® Place ‘n Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds (I used 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and sliced each rectangle into thirds after pinching crescent triangles to form the 2 spares per container)
- frozen potato nuggets (from 2-lb bag)
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray 12 mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each cooked bacon in half crosswise. Unroll each crescent tube, separate the two rectangles and pinch triangles together. Cut each rectangle into thirds lengthwise. You will have 12 strips. Place a half slice of bacon on one dough strip; top with potato nugget and roll up-stretching dough and pinching ends to seal. Place in mini muffin cup, spiral side up. Repeat for remaining dough, nuggets and bacon to make 12 mini muffins.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper until well blended. Very carefully spoon a tablespoon of egg mixture around each dough-wrapped potato nugget. Bake 13-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top and the egg mixture is set. Serve warm!
Head over to BakeOff.com and browse or enter your recipe now!
I was provided baking supplies by PlatefulCoCop for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.