I was recently sent the portable and digital Mark-My-Time bookmark. My son is 5 and his homework every night is to read 20 minutes. We always read to him at bedtime, but I do not count that time. I want him to use the 20 minutes as independent reading. He does not know how to read yet-only can sound simple 2 and 3 letter words, but I teach him to engage in each page using the photos and trying to find words he know. At first this was frustrating to him, but it is not for him to READ the page, just focus on it and make his own conclusions. Together, we read the book he chose at bedtime and it is then he will hear the entire story. To make it independent time, he needs to remain independent so to have this bookmark arrive in the mail the second week of school was perfect! I simply set it to count down from any time-in our case it is set at 20 minutes and he knows when time is up so we can mark his reading calendar.
- Was named Best New Product in 2004 by BookExpo America
- Easy to set clock and easy to set counter
- Fun colors
- Keeps child engaged and independent readers
- Slim form fits into any pages to save the spot
- Can count down from set time or count up to track time-counts up to 100 hours of reading time
- Countdown for music lessons, homework time, brushing teeth and much more….