I was recently sent the SpareOne Emergency Phone for review courtesy of It’s A Glam Thing and I have to say that I am quite impressed at the option of a phone that runs off a GSM tower as even my expensive cell phone can have service issues depending on where we are. My entire family has cell phones-well, besides the 4 year old and I thought this is perfect for maybe an elderly relative who needs something simple, but can carry this as protection in an emergency. I also feel this is great for younger children. Maybe they have to be home alone on short spurts and they do not own a cell phone of their own, this emergency phone is perfect!
Why SpareOne is so unique?
- Operates with only a AA battery-Lithium is preferred
- Up to 10 hours of talk time, 15 years of charge if unused
- Comes in a waterproof pouch
- Harsh weather ranges-operates at -22F to 140F
- One touch button for Emergency contact
- You can pre-program 9 numbers the phone will call-great for children!
- LED Torchlight w/ 24 hours of continuous light
- Uses GSM cell tower-you can use your iphone Micro SD Sim card when you run out of iphone battery and insert it into the Spare One for all your contacts and to keep calls coming to you. Or purchase a GSM Sim card from ATT, T-Mobile or another GSM carrier (not Sprint/Verizon SIM compatible) & program numbers to the new card
- Auto text reply-if anyone tries to send you a text when your SIM card is in, it will alert your texter that you are unavailable by text and only by phone call.
- No cell plan required-just purchase a GSM SIM card-most carriers sell these with no plan needed
- No SIM card needed for Emergency number-simply make sure you have a AA battery inserted and call 9-1-1
I like the design, easy use and one touch emergency button. I am a Verizon user with a Galaxy phone so I would need to purchase my own GSM card and then I can store the numbers I would want. Great for kids left home alone, elderly who do not need a complicated phone and for outdoor adventures that may take you away from your service area. The fact that you need no outlets and just a AA battery makes this easy enough to ensure it is ready when you need it.
For more information, visit SpareOne. You can find a FAQ section as well as How-To videos.
Disclosure: I was provided a sample for the purpose of this review. All opinions are 100% my own.