PBS has an ongoing It All Adds Up campaign to educate parents and children on important Math concepts. PBS wants to provide parents the tools and education needed to help promote and boost Math skills if Infants through Preschool! The tools are meant to offer guidance and suggestions on how we can use everyday life and our own homes and daily routine to incorporate Math for our young children!
- Restaurant. Example- start a color pattern with table items-sweetners & encourage their help guessing
- In Town: Example- talk to baby about what they are seeing, smelling & hearing around them
- I the Car; Example- hand them your phone & there is a fun windshield objects game!
- Kitchen: Example- Kitchen helper by telling toddler what you are adding, wash hands!
- On a Bus/Train: Example- sing Wheels on the Bus to baby!
- At the Park: Example- Start a leaf collection and sort by size/colors
- Library: Example- The Cover! Disect the cover-what will the story be about?
- Grocery Store: Example- Name items as you place at checkout counter & have them repeat to make sure you got everything from the cart: Apples? Apples!, etc…