Thank you to PureCare for sending product for feature. Opinions and story idea are my own
Do you need a cool sleep? of course you do in this summer heat. In fact you should be sleeping in the temperature range of 60-67 degrees (according to PureCare Blog) for your body to hit that deep REM sleep. Too hot or too cold does not allow the body to rest. That can be hard to do in high temps especially if you only have fans to rely on for home cooling. There are some tips and small investments you can make to help you get the proper sleep you may crave.
Bedding is the key! Even if our home is freezing in the winter and unbearable in the summer, proper bedding will aid your body in regulating its own temperature. Let’s talk about beating the heat. For the winter you can do these same tips in reverse, as in products made to raise your body temp. Heating up is easier to do with simple tips where cooling down is a bit trickier.
Our quick hotel story
We are in a hotel for the next 3 weeks while we are waiting for our home build to complete. About a week ago I was sent SUB-0º pillows by PureCare to inspire me to write this post. With the heat high and no A/C my husband and I do a little happy sigh when our heads hit that cool gel at bedtime. I took my SUB-0º Gel-gant Pillow with me to the hotel for these few weeks because I always find it hard to control hotel A/C units.
On night 2 I head to bed and can’t find my pillow then I see what my son fell asleep on-only he is sleeping on it turned around (head is not on the gel side). He is dead asleep so I sneak to switch him pillows and in a grunt says “No! I want the cold pillow!” (but you are sleeping on it upside down) “Huh? What? I thought it wasn’t working right…” Needless to say I just left him like that and took the boring “hotter pillows” as my son likes to say now. I’ll be browsing the kids pillows at PureCare now, I suppose.
How can you beat the heat?
- Bedding that cools! This is important. I can tell you that a great place to start is at PureCare. They have more than one option for a cooler sleep sheet sets such as the collection of clinically proven FRíO® mattress and pillow protectors. The FRíO® gets you the unique tunneling effect of each FRíO technical textile fiber that keeps heat from accumulating in the material surrounding the body, providing a refreshingly cooler sleep surface. Sounds complex right? Well, if you head over to read more it all makes sense. It was made to keep you cool and will still work after washing them as normal.
- Pillows that cool such as these SUB-0º varieties. There a few options even of these hybrid pillows that blends PureCare’s exclusive FRÍO rapid chill cooling fibers with the ultra plush feel of TENCEL® threads. The entire SUB-0° pillow is wrapped in FRíO rapid chill cooling fibers so that both sides of the pillow are cool. The gel side is even cooler! Depending on your pillow style, you have choices:
- SUB-0°® Down Complete Hybrid Pillow: pure down and feathered pillow. Lining locks feathers in.
- SUB-0°® Replenish Reversible Hybrid Pillow: memory foam inlaid with cooling gel and is contoured
- SUB-0°® Down Combo Hybrid Pillow: Premium white down & feathers in a down-proof lining
- SUB-0°® Gel-egant Reversible Hybrid Pillow: Sculpted memory foam with cooling gel, reversible reserved respone
- SUB-0°® Identically Down Pillow: alternative down option
- SUB-0°® Latex Pillow: vented, gel-infused, natural Talalay latex pillow
- SUB-0°® SoftCell Chill Latex Reversible Hybrid Pillow: alternative down quilted into 12 individual cells
- SUB-0°® SoftCell Chill Reversible Hybrid Pillow: individual pockets filled with our exclusive designer down alternative. Reversible is a premium support of cooling gel-covered memory foam.
- SUB-0°® SoftCell Chill Soothe Me Reversible Hybrid Pillow: alternative down in individual cells only on top layer; reversible is a cooling gel-infused memory foam and memory foam puffs.
So let me know which pillow you can’t wait to try for a cooler nights sleep! I can tell you these will make all the difference because I have done it, one-by-one, for my entire family using holiday and birthday gifting to switch to cooler bedding so we all get the healthy sleep we need. If you choose to invest in one thing this year for your health, you will not regret investing in bedding and pillows for the heat (or cold). Put some of these options on gift wish lists for you family to get you too!It's a @PureCare_Kayla #giveaway. 2 winners can choose any PureCare SUB-0º pillow Click To Tweet
Want to win one of the SUB-0º pillows I list above? 2 lucky readers will win aSUB-0º pillow of your choice! Enter below. Open to US and ends on 7/20. Good luck!