We all do some traveling in our own lives and probably the most expensive part of a trip is the Hotel! Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have a free place to stay and in a home where you can cook your own meals and possibly even be greeted by a ‘neighbor’ or local? Think back to times long ago when hospitality meant opening up your own home to others or even a stranger. Today we avoid too much personal hospitality unless it is for a close friend or relative because of the risks of allowing a stranger in our home. However, we can take it back to Christianity and allow that to be the platform to bring back the concept in a way that offers us the financial freedom to do more on our trip when we can take Hotel costs out of the equation. What’s the catch? While you are away-your home is being used in exchange. Kind of one of those ‘Why didn’t I ever think of that’ ideas when I first learned about it from the Christian Home Exchange Blog.
- A service of St Hans Ministry Exchange and is a non-profit organization
- Trust that your home is being shared by paid members who support a Christian living environment
- Stay local or exchange form many other countries
- Bargain with your exchange family-perhaps you can lend each other vehicles which also helps you save.
- Meet new families
- A way to save money as you stay for free in exchange for offering up your own home