Thank you T-Fal for partnering with Parenting Healthy for my recipe feature. Any opinions are my own
Cauliflower. It’s the newest health alternative to rices and bread recipes. Mixing cauliflower with herbs, cheese and oils can transform a recipe from carb loaded to healthier. Substituting with cauliflower is easier than you think. Most recipes need you to rice the cauliflower which means you take the flowerets off of a head and pulse it in a blender a few times. This recipe is a dairy-free cauliflower pizza crust.
Not only is my crust dairy free, the entire pizza is as well. To make riced cauliflower crust ready you would transfer from the blender after pulsing it to a pot of boiling water. After you stir the cauliflower into the boiling water, turn off the stove and cover pot. Let sit 10 minutes to soften the cauliflower. Ring out well through a strainer and then using clean towel to remove as much water as possible.
Now you can’t just use the cauliflower itself and expect it to cook like a crust so we need to mix it with a few ingredients. You can mix with parmesan if you want dairy or you can just mix your 1 cup of cauliflower with 1 egg, a pinch of salt, 1/4 teas. basil, oregano, thyme or any herbs you choose and a meal or yeast (this will become a personal size pizza so if you want a large pizza adjust ingredients like I did, I doubled all using 2C of cauliflower).
Lay parchment paper on a pizza pan and form cauliflower mixture into a circle using a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and raise the temp to 450 degrees while you prep your baked crust.
Brush on sauce. I used pesto. Top with your ingredients. I used leftover cooked chicken breast I had and some leftover veggies- red onion, mushroom and tomatoes. I love recipes that help you use up the meats and veggies in your fridge. Bake 10 more minutes at 450 degrees. Let cool and slice!
- 1 C Cauliflower (riced)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp Almond meal/nutritional yeast flakes
- pinch Salt and garlic powder
- 1/4tsp herbs like oregano, basil, thyme to taste
- Rice cauliflower flowerettes in a blender by pulsing. Boil 1/2 C water and add riced cauliflower. Turn off heat, cover and let sit 10 minutes. Meanwhile in a bowl combine egg, yeast or meal, herbs and spices until blended. Pour cauliflower through a fine strainer and then ring water out further in a cheese cloth or clean towel. Remove as much water as you can. Add cauliflower to egg mixture and combine. Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper and shape the mixture into a circle using a spatula. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove and raise oven temp to 450 degrees. Top baked crust with toppings and place back in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Let cool and slice!
T-Fal was generous enough to send me all I needed for my pizza night. I used the following tools and they are Prime qualifiers on Amazon. Sometimes you just have to refresh your utensils and I needed to do just this in my kitchen.
- T-Fal Ingenio Silicone Balloon Whisk
- T-Fal Ingenio Adjustable Basting Brush
- T-Fal AirBake Pizza Pan
- T-Fal Ingenio Tritan Pizza Cutter
- T-Fal Ingenio Silicone Blade Spatula